Gaston Bessette, Photographie

La passion de la photo-Photographs as a passion


2 commentaires

Wilson falls-Chutes Wilson

In 1893, J.-C. Wilson Company buys a carton plant and turns it into pulp mill. The Company was established across Canada and had a plant in Lachute. After several years of operation, the pulp mill will close its doors in the fall of 1957. It has left its name to this location. The site is now the Regional Park of the Rivière-du-Nord. Interpretation panels recall the history of the Old Pulp Mill

En 1893, la Compagnie J.-C. Wilson achète une usine de carton et la transforme en pulperie. La Compagnie était  implantée à travers tout le Canada et possédait une usine à Lachute. Après plusieurs années d’exploitation, la pulperie fermera ses portes à l’automne de 1957. Elle aura laissé son nom à cet emplacement. Le site est aujourd’hui le Parc régional de la Rivière-du-Nord. Des panneaux d’interprétation rappellent l’histoire de la Vieille-Pulperie